NodeScape allows you to create diagrams in an efficient and customizable way on most any Android™ device.
It is gridless with extensive snapping and has many features: style-based customization, touch-based shortcuts for common operations, and "frames" for conveniently adding organization to your diagrams.
Additionally, NodeScape has a space-efficient user interface which leaves most of the screen dedicated to your diagram, and offers a smooth experience even on small devices such as phones.
I personally use NodeScape regularly (on a phone) for my own brainstorming and to share concepts with others; so, I'm invested in making usage as painless and flexible as possible.
See the Examples page for screenshots and sample diagrams
- Very quick flow-chart creation
- Intuitive/fluid navigation
- Style based customization for easy look customization
- Smart/Automatic Framing (nodes that adjust themselves to fit contents)
- Smart Wires (Connectors) with highly flexible positioning.
- Multiline text in nodes, frames, edge centers, and edge tips
- Customizable performance options
- Undo/Redo support with arbitrary number of levels
- Configurable UI
- Export to PNG/JPG/SVG/DOT/GraphML(yEd)/MM(Freemind)
- Compatible with many devices (all the way back to froyo)
Rather than going for a grid-based approach, NodeScape has been designed to rely heavily on snapping. This way, you can maintain alignment of components without being constrained to a grid.
- Snapping for Node Positions (vertical/horizontal alignment, border snapping, etc.)
- Contextual snaps for even spacing/subdivision/reflection/alignment.
- Snapping for Wire contact points.
- Fully customize which snaps are active/not
- Toggle between snapping to selection bounds vs. active node
NodeScape uses styles rather than the traditional per-node adjustment+duplicate workflow (though duplication is still available). This allows flexible classification of nodes and wires that can be tweaked in groups later.
- Customize Border/Background/Foreground colors and images (with transparency)
- Adjustable line styles and roundness
- Basic set of optimized shapes + shapes for flowchart/logic (more coming)
- Text padding/positioning/justification (and rotation for wires)
- Import/Replace style sets and select a default set
At the moment, NodeScape is in beta. This means there is still active development and there could be some bugs/glitches.
Please report major/consistant crashes via email. The built-in google-play crash reporting is very limited; and, if the crash is specific to your device, I may have no way to actually reproduce the crash and test fixes for it without your help.
Sometimes significant portions of the code change between versions. For example, the newest release switched to some newer android features and makes more use of google's support libraries. I'll try to keep some previous versions here in case a particularly bad bug/crash gets introduced.
- March 24 2014: APK - prior to major refactor and new android feature adoption (fragments).
These can be installed from any file-manager. You'll have to enable "Unknown Sources" in your android settings.
Current VersionFree (Ad-Supported) version:
- Get NodeScape Free on Google Play™ (recommended)
- Buy it on Google Play
By downloading, you agree that I'm not responsible for any harm the software does. .